Ad

Tuesday 1 September 2015

EXCLUSIVE: I Won’t Partake In “Slave Trade” Football - Efugh

In this interview with Naij.com, the Nigeria Premier League player and Heartland skipper Chinedu Efugh reveals his next target as captain of the Naze Millionaires after the team’s FA Cup glory in 2012.
He also shed light on the current salary crisis that has plagued his team and why he’s not in a rush for an offer outside the local scene.
How would you rate your team’s performance against Warri Wolves?
It was a good victory for us because as you know, Warri Wolves is not a push-over in this league. They had played a couple of matches without losing and I thank God we finally ended their unbeaten run.
With the victory against Warri Wolves, do you think your team can clinch a continental ticket this season?
It’s very possible, thank God the officiating now is genuine unlike three, four seasons ago that whenever you going for an away game, you’ll be scared of the home team. Now, away teams are picking points as a result of good officiating from referees and we also can pick up vital points in our next games.
Why were you left out again from the squad in the game against Warri Wolves?
Well! It’s the coach’s decision and both players that have played in my position in the last three games did very well. The best way to encourage them is to let them keep playing. So since they are doing well, you can only pray for them to continue.
Did your recent accident play a part in your omission from the squad?
No! I’m fully fit now. I guess the coach just kept faith with the same players in the defence position because they have been doing well. Heartland FC is a team that encourages players.
How true is the report that your team is being owed 5 months salaries?
No! It’s not 5 months, we are being owed 3 months salaries.
But are there hopes of payment any soon?
I can’t say for now but we are just hoping something good happens real soon.
Despite his good scoring form this season, Bright Ejike was dropped from the 6-man home based list for the Eagles’s much anticipated cracker against Tanzania on Sunday Do you think Oliseh made the right decision to drop him?
Well! I think the coach would have his reasons. You know sometimes the coaches may see a player they like but his pattern of play might not suit their style. Coaches always look for players that will suit their kind of play.
But do you think Sunday Oliseh is the right man for the job?
Yes he is and I appreciate the fact that he’s giving home based players the opportunity to feature in his plans. We’ll keep praying for him.
Do you see yourself getting an invite to the Eagles squad?
Why not! I’m just praying for the opportunity to come my way.
Coming down to the home league, you’ve been part of it for a while now. Tell us, do you have plans of leaving any soon?
When the right offer comes, then I’ll leave but not for me to partake in “SLAVE TRADE” football whereby players just go for the sake of they want to play abroad. For me, I’ll not be part of “Slave Trade football”.
Do you have any regret as a footballer?
No my brother, I don’t.
What’s your best moment as a footballer?
My best moment will be when we won the FA Cup in 2012
Heartland skipper Chinedu Efugh displays the FA Cup trophy in 2011.

What’s your worst moment?
When I had long injury while playing for Mighty Jets of Jos in 2006/2007
Who would you rate as your best player in the league so far?
There are still a couple of games to play in the season, so I can really say who my best player is right now till the season ends.
What’s your next target as a player?
To win the Nigeria Premier Football League.
We heard about your wife’s delivery, would you like to tell us more about that?
Well! We just welcomed a baby girl into our family.
Big Congratulations Skippo
Thank you my brother

No comments:

Post a Comment