Ad

Wednesday 22 July 2015

I Won’t Spare Any Corrupt APC Member – Buhari

Muhammadu Buhari states that his government will not spare any member of the All Progressives Congress (APC) as well as associates found culpable of corruption.
The president announced this during an interview with the CNN anchor. The interview was a part of Buhari’s 4-day visit to the United States.
He said: “If any of my associates or party member is indicted of corruption, they cannot escape justice. There is not going to be any APC member or any close personality found guilty that would escape justice. I think I can be held accountable for my promises in the next quarters I have ahead of me. I think it is too early for anybody to pass judgment on my campaign promises”.  
 Speaking about Chibok girls, Buhari stated:  “Our main objective as a government is to secure the release of those girls safe and sound, back to their schools and rehabilitate them to go back to their normal lives. So, if we are convinced the girls would be delivered safe and sound, we will negotiate. We have to be very careful about the credibility of various Boko Haram leaders coming out to claim that they can deliver the girls . We have to be very careful indeed and we are taking our time because we want to bring them back safe and sound to their parents.”
 
The president also noted that he would send a formal invitation to the US President to visit Nigeria.
“I wouldn’t say I was disappointed that President Obama did not choose to visit Nigeria but I wish that he would change his mind and come to Nigeria. Well, I asked him to come and would send a formal invitation,”  Buhari said.
It should be noted that Buhari thanked the US for its support and assistance to Nigeria ahead of the elections.

No comments:

Post a Comment