Ad

Friday 24 July 2015

PDP L/West Senatorial Candidate Goes Spiritual Over Outcome Of Tribunal Verdict

Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) senatorial candidate for Lagos West senatorial district in the April 28th 2015 election, Segun Adewale alias Aeroland, has gone spiritual as he awaits the judgment of the suit he filed against his opponent, Senator Solomon Adeola Olamilekan of the All Progressives Congress (APC) at the Tribunal.
Aeroland-2
PDP candidate, Segun Adewale
The Election Tribunal sitting in lkeja has fixed judgment for August 20th. 

Adewale rues the high level of corruption in the election tribunal and prayed to God to touch the heart of the judge handling the suit so that financial inducement will not make him do the wrong thing.

My prayer is that God should give victory to the person that won the election. I went to the tribunal because I am the winner of the election. I did not rig or ask anyone to rig. My prayer is that God should touch the heart of the judge so that financial inducement will not make him do the wrong thing. 

“I am the winner of that election and he should declare me as such because all the evidence I have presented to the court which the other party did not object to, show that I am the winner,” he enthused.

He said that his opponent, Olamilekan does not have any case, adding that they are relying on his evidence just like they did in 2011 and the judge received bribe and still went ahead to declare him the winner. 

“They are the only ones in Lagos that rely on my documents and my evidence and the tribunal still declared them the winner. Tribunal cases are time bound and it was after the time had elapsed that INEC gave us the documents.

“Results from INEC show that I won the election but they did not give me the results on time so I can file it at the trial. The law is wrong in the area where they insist that the petitioner presents evidence that they won an election but the evidence is with INEC and this INEC is working for the opposition and they refused to release the results so one can file it on time, what this means is that since one does not have this evidence, and because the tribunal is time bound, then people like us, who won, will not be able to prove it at the tribunal, and that means our victory was stolen.

“I wrote several letters to INEC for the results to be released to us on time but they refused to give us the document. Even now that the judge has fixed the judgment day, we still do not have all the documents. INEC gave us just 60 percent while the remaining 40 percent is still with them .This was what happened in 2011 and despite the fact that I won the election, the judges collected bribe and gave my victory to my opponent,” he averred.

He however expressed confidence in the judiciary as the last hope for the common man, adding that corruption depends on the judge that wants to collect bribe. 

The judiciary is separated from the executive and I believe that if any judge that wants to be corrupt, he or she will be corrupt. The APC being at the federal level does not mean that they can control the judiciary. Take the cases of Chief Fani kayode and Chief Buraju Kashamu. Did they control the judges? If it was during the tenure of President Jonathan, people will say it was because it was Jonathan that the cases were thrown out. 

“So, I have confidence in our judiciary as the last hope for the common man. Like I said, it depends on the judge that wants to collect bribe. When a judge earns N400,000 a month, in a year, he earns N4.8million, in ten years, that is N48million and if somebody gives him N50million, he can say, that is big money and collects it.

“That is our problem, where everything in Nigeria is cash and carry. So we need to change our system. We need a government that can address this situation and change the way we operate in this country. If your salary is small and you can afford to rent a house and pay gradually, then there will be no need to steal. That is why corruption is everywhere and it permeates the judiciary. The judges that handled the election tribunal in 2011 are very corrupt or, how can I lose the election when the opponent I reported agreed with everything I alleged and I still lost,” he queried.

No comments:

Post a Comment