Ad

Monday 17 August 2015

For Praying For Him, Gov Wike Makes Promise To Church

The governor of Rivers State, Nyesom Wike, has said he would rehabilitate the Lord’s Chosen Charismatic Revival Mission Church in Port Harcourt for praying for his success at the 2015 governorship election.
Wike made the promise on Sunday, August 16, during the church service, Premium Times reports.
According to him, the church supported him during his period of turbulence and the pastor kept praying for him.
Gov Wike with the pastor of the Lord’s Chosen Charismatic Revival Mission Church in Port Harcourt
The governor said: “If you recall, I did say that if I belong to a secret society, I should not win the governorship elections of Rivers State. By the special grace of God, the pastor prayed for me before the congregation, he prayed for me in private, and he has been praying with me up till now. To the Glory of God, the elections came and God Almighty triumphed.
“If you recollect, I said that if I win, I would tar the road leading to the church compound and interlock its premises.”
Wike promised to redeem the pledge he made during his campaign to carry out renovations in and around the church headquarters premises in Port Harcourt.
He stated that the church renovation would be part of his 100 days in office programme, attributing his achievements so far to the power and grace of God.
About a week ago, Wike had sacked the state accountant general, Ngozi Y. Abu. He also had appointed 12 permanent secretaries into the state civil service some weeks back.

No comments:

Post a Comment