Ad

Wednesday 26 August 2015

I Want To Be Coach – Mascherano

For some players, a coaching career after retirement is not worth giving a try but for Barcelona ace Javier Mascherano this is on his to-do list.
The 31-year-old is in his fifth year at the Catalan club after moving to Camp Nou from Liverpool in 2010 has revealed his intent to become a coach when he calls time on his playing career.
According to the versatile player who also represented West Ham, Corinthians and River Plate, the challenge of passing on what he has learned throughout his career to younger players is an inviting mission.
He said: “I would become a coach,” the Argentina vice-captain told Radio Metro.
He added: “As a player, things are easier, but it gets more complicated when you go on the other side.
“I want to pass on everything my coaches taught me. In football, things go full circle.”
Mascherano, who began his career as a defensive midfielder, has adapted to play at the centre of defence after being first deployed there by former Blaugrana coach Pep Guardiola.
“At that time, many central defenders were injured and Sergio Busquets had emerged in midfield, Guardiola noticed my characteristics and physique and liked what he saw when he put me in defence.
“I came to Barcelona knowing I was signed as a backup and it would be very difficult to hold down a place in midfield. Obviously I would have fought for my place but one of the best in the world was playing in my position.
“Meanwhile with Argentina I was made captain and had to win my place on two fronts. Over time though, I’ve managed to earn my place.”
Meanwhile Pedro Rodriguez, the former Barcelona star and unsung Chelsea new-signing, has revealed why he left the Catalan giants to join the Blues.

No comments:

Post a Comment