Ad

Tuesday 29 December 2015

I won’t resign – Van Gaal



Louis Van Gaal has ruled out resigning as Manchester United manager despite seeing his side extend their winless run to eight games with a goalless draw at home to Chelsea.

The under-fire Dutchman had previously suggested that he could quit his post rather than be sacked by the club’s board,

“It was a good performance we were the dominate team but we didn’t score a goal. You have to score a goal to win,” said United manager van Gaal.

“We didn’t have the luck we need to win. There were clear cases of penalty.

The players are fighting for me. After this result the fans were applauding. But in football world you will never know. I have good confidence on the board and the players.

“When the players can give such a performance, with this lot of pressure, then there’s not any reason to resign for me,” he said.

“Maybe the media wants that but I shall not do that. “I have a contract, so it’s not a question of staying, it’s a question of fulfilling my contract.

No comments:

Post a Comment