Ad

Sunday 28 February 2016

Thierry Henry blasts Arsenal for their performance against Manchester United



Arsenal legend Thierry Henry has blasted Arsene Wenger's side for their performance against Manchester United, insisting that they do not look like a team who can be crowned champions this season.

The Gunners fell to a 3-2 defeat at Old Trafford as two goals from Marcus Rashford and a deflected second-half effort from Ander Herrera ensured United claimed all three points.

The result means the north Londoners are five points behind Premier League leaders Leicester City, and three behind second-placed Tottenham, and Henry is now unconvinced that the Gunners can recover and win the title.

He told Sky Sports: "I don't think that would have happened [when I played for Arsenal]. Things did happen in my time, we did lose 6-1 but we were the wounded team when we came here [at Old Trafford].

"That wasn't a performance from a team who want to be champions. That's where, as an Arsenal fan, I'm looking at it, I'm not sure that team can be champions, can they show me they can be champions? Today, they didn’t reassure me on anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment