Ad

Tuesday 15 March 2016

I'm Gutted Manchester United Didn't Get 'World Best' Guardiola - Ferdinand


Former Manchester United Player Rio Ferdinand has expressed his disappointment over his former team's unwillingness to engage the services of Manchester City-bound coach Pep Guardiola.


The Spaniard will take over at the Etihad this summer after winning 19 trophies (and counting) from seven seasons with Barcelona and Bayern Munich.

Much to his annoyance, Ferdinand fears that Guardiola is the final piece of the jigsaw, eight years after Sheikh Mansour’s multi-million pound takeover, which sees City rival Europe’s elite club.

Ferdinand, 37, said: “When I heard Guardiola was available, I said Manchester United had to be in the mix to get him.

“City were the successful ones, in the end, and I was very gutted.

"He has managed very successful teams and I’m sure he will go very well at City.

"Guardiola is a great manager, arguably the best in the world football over the past 6-7 years in terms of what he has won. There’s nobody that can match in terms of trophies won.

“Man City have him now – though I would have much rather seen him go elsewhere!”

No comments:

Post a Comment