Ad

Friday 1 July 2016

Nigerian Defender, Ekpolo Pens Emotional Letter to Barcelona as the Club Dumps Him After 11 Years




21-year-old Nigerian defender, Godswill Ekpolo, who has been with FC Barcelona for 11 years and was due for a new contract deal this summer, before the Spanish club decided not to offer him one, has spoken for the first time since he was released by the football club.
According to reports, Ekpolo started out with CDC Torreforta before he was scouted by Barcelona, and worked his way through the ranks at La Masia and was tipped to make the first team before he was released.
He had played for their U-18 and U-19 teams, helping them win the Nike Premier Cup in 2010 and the UEFA Youth League in 2014.

“I know that I have been blessed to be part of a Club like Barca. There have been good times and bad times. I have cried and laugh with you. I have lost and celebrated with you. But no matter the situation, my passion has been clear – playing and winning.

“Obviously, I won’t be able to do that next season, but I hope that the supporters and my teammates will be able to enjoy many joyful moments,” a part of the statement released by Ekpolo read.
Below is his emotional open letter released on his Twitter page;

No comments:

Post a Comment