Ad

Thursday 13 August 2015

Diss Track Battle Over As Meek Mill Concedes Defeat

The Drake vs. Meek Mill beef will go down as one of hip-hop’s fiercest in recent times and it all started with a Twitter rant from Meek. 
In the rant, Meek, who is currently dating Drake’s label mate and friend, Nicki Minaj, accused the YOLO originator of not writing his own raps.
Meek later alluded to the real reason for his anger towards Drake – the latter had failed to promote a song both rappers did together.
Drake initially ignored Meek’s rants, allowing his fans to do the talking for him. Eventually, the Canadian dropped not one but two diss tracks targeted at Meek.
Nicki’s boyfriend, who is also the opening act on her current US tour, responded with his own diss track, Wanna Know, which was viewed as weak at best by critics.
However, it seems now, Meek is ready to bury the hatchet as he has reportedly removed the song from music streaming site, Soundcloud.
He also stated that he is no longer interested in beefing Drake or anyone else.
He wrote on Instagram: “We really only focusing on making it out that’s the only war we fighting…… am not entertaining no rap/real beef over Drake s/o a rapper! I can’t fall for the oldest trick in the book and I never shoulda entertained it becoz it me bring me no money or success…
“Ima take blame for it even tho “I can’t stand” anything I do or say and N***az know…. Everybody know everybody watching and everything beyond what’s going on. Is stupid to be reaching on about a bunch of ni**as just tryna get on and in the game…
“I been in these streets having money for a long time ‘Shinning hard’ and never had a problem I came up from nothing and my name good…. I don’t feel like I gotta prove myself to the people and end up in real situation over this fake rap sh*t… am just on some next level sh*t with it tryna touch some real paper… leave all that murder one sh*t in the street if you tryna get rich and make it out!
All this killer sh*t on social media is like walking yourself into prison and that ain’t my lifestyle and don’t really make sense to me… I’m getting way too much money to even process the thought of throwing it away to about ni**as talking about eachother like girls they just was claiming they was cool and at the end of the day they all tryna get on! All I can is do ya thing but ni**a better smarten up!”

However, the post was  deleted after a few hours.
Nigerian star, Davido had featured Meek on his single, Fans Mi. The omo baba olowo was later reported to be on the NDLEA’s wanted list for certain scenes in the video of the song.

No comments:

Post a Comment