Ad

Tuesday 25 August 2015

Wenger Comes Under Fire For Failing To Replace Viera

Former Manchester United right-back, Gary Neville has slammed the recent transfer strategy of Arsenal boss, Arsene Wenger who has failed to sign an imposing midfielder the club is in dire need of.
Arsene Wenger has failed to replace Patrick Viera says Gary Neville
The former player turned Sky Sport pundit called the Arsenal manager arrogant for sticking with mediocre players following the exit of Gilberto Silva and Viera.
Speaking on Sky Sports ahead of the 0-0 draw with Liverpool on Monday night, Neville claimed Carzola and Francis Coquelin at the heart of the Gunners midfield will not win them the premier league title.
Goal.com quotes him saying: “I think they are good players, Cazorla is fantastic to watch. But I’m talking about Arsenal winning the league.
Think about Fabregas or a Paul Scholes when we were playing, fantastic player. You’ve got to build people around him. Facilitate what maybe they can’t do.
“To me it’s arrogance. I think it’s arrogance. I really do. To think that you are not going to adapt your team, to change to impact on the other teams that you’re playing against and their strengths.
“It is either naive, or arrogance. Because they keep losing this way. Belief? It is misheld belief. We’ve talked about the likes of Vieira, Petit, Gilberto [Silva], [Martin] Keown, [Sol] Campbell, [Tony] Adams, all strong people.”
“[It’s] certainly not what I would call what you want to win you a league. The powerful characters, the strength you need running through your team whether it’s a Blackburn team or a Manchester City team with Yaya Toure and Vincent Kompany.
“The profile of players completely changed and the style has changed.
Wenger responded to the criticism after the game by saying his experience on the job serves him well.
The Frenchman said: “I don’t know what that has to do with arrogance. I try to do well in my job, that’s all I try to do. It’s up to other people to judge me.
“Everybody has his opinion and is entitled to have an opinion. I could prove it’s not right but let’s not go into that debate tonight. I think I have enough experience and intelligence to know when it’s right or wrong.”
In a related development, Wenger has ruled out the sale of his star midfielder Mesut Ozil who is the club’s record signing.

No comments:

Post a Comment